Hoss should be Elite / hos got elite

please dont take the following badly , not ment offensive towards staff or hoss !! just my thoughts when i looked

i think you should really look again also on hr's , dont want to be a ass but we have to keep it real , on this one i went like :omg: on promotion
but like said not my decision... i just looked at the hr's in the gallery and went like hmmmm

i agree the peugeot looks very clean but its only 1024x1024 with the car in the background and some things can def. be better like the vent and some more
the works below the peugeot are really showing its advanced instead of elite purely due to the quality differences and some sloppy things (nothing major but still)

imo elite is mostly about quality , matching all the parts so they become one with consistant quality , and hoss if you read this dont feel offended its not personal just my observation :-d
i really love your work and think its very close to elite , if you would get all the parts the same quality and more consistant ... i def think elite would be fair :-d :-d

STAFF EDIT: (jackdarton)
Rich, I respect your opinion and you are one of our most valuable members. I also completely agree with you.
We don't usually demote people unless it's an extreme case, however Hoss isn't an active member (rarely posts) and I agree that the bar in chopping is constantly being raised. I'll demote him now, thanks for your input.
Post edited February 07, 2012 at 05:06:43 PM by jackdarton
mijnlogo.jpg
Do you think i could be Pro Tuner? just wondering...
bmwm3glassroof.jpg
audittfatlaceoverlay.jpg
renaultlaguna.jpg
bmwm3cabrio.jpg

Your work is at the top of inter I would say buddy :) But I wouldn't put you in Pro just yet. Work on things such as the contrast in your image (white parts too bright, dark parts too dark) and also try to nail the shadows. Klaus posted a brilliant shadow tutorial over in the tut section if you want to go and check it out.
Post edited February 07, 2012 at 05:04:56 PM by jackdarton
Posts have been replied to. If you've posted a request or a question, check your post for a staff edit for more info!
Hello.
ToMiii wrote:
Not that i now if i could be advanced, though it would be fun to now what you.guys think :P

STAFF EDIT (MK211) : Too early just yet ToMii! Focus on your execution more and I think you still need to spend a little bit longer on each chop. I've just looked over all your chops in your profile. They are good I like the styles and variation in the types of cars you do, but I think you need to begin refining the details in them further still. Get the stuff like lighting and reflections 100% spot on. Aim more for realism factor and less tooniness. You'll get this by experimenting with filters, overlays and noise/texture layers etc. Your scooter is great, but compare it to the background and there is a large difference in the quality and grainess of the bg in comparison to the subject - the scooter itself. You'll keep on improving. Looking back on your first chop, you've made so much exceptional progress. It's impressive to see how far you've come, but you've still got further to go. Continuing to practice is the way to get there.

haha, sure thought so, didnt expect that you would think i am advanced material :D and yeah, i have some lighting issues etc on basicly all my chops, guess im too lazy to fim them XD but just want to get one thing straight, i actually do not aim anything for realism since i dont like realistic chops, sure they are cool but imo just never get the same feeling as a more artistic one tbh, and thats why i dont aim for realism :P and you´re 100% corrects about the lack of correct refs, noise etc :P but as i said, realism aint my style, though i could do something more realistic instead but i would enjoy it, so i´d rather be pro and do my chops the way i want to and enjoy it, rather than doing realistic chops i hate and be advanced :D

thanks for the feedback mark, it mean alot :)
Welcome to Wigs-Lace. Offering wigs, hair extensions, falls :awesome:

hotnigbum.jpg

ToMiii @Facebook
rich wrote:
Hoss should be Elite / hos got elite

please dont take the following badly , not ment offensive towards staff or hoss !! just my thoughts when i looked

i think you should really look again also on hr's , dont want to be a ass but we have to keep it real , on this one i went like :omg: on promotion
but like said not my decision... i just looked at the hr's in the gallery and went like hmmmm

i agree the peugeot looks very clean but its only 1024x1024 with the car in the background and some things can def. be better like the vent and some more
the works below the peugeot are really showing its advanced instead of elite purely due to the quality differences and some sloppy things (nothing major but still)

imo elite is mostly about quality , matching all the parts so they become one with consistant quality , and hoss if you read this dont feel offended its not personal just my observation :-d
i really love your work and think its very close to elite , if you would get all the parts the same quality and more consistant ... i def think elite would be fair :-d :-d

Rich, I respect your opinion and you are one of our most valuable members. I also completely agree with you.
We don't usually demote people unless it's an extreme case, however Hoss isn't an active member (rarely posts) and I agree that the bar in chopping is constantly being raised. I'll demote him now, thanks for your input.

Hi, mates!
I appreciate that you remember me. I have no hurry to be elite, it's just a range. I never worked for promotion, but just to show the world my craps. I do not spend my time "chopping" and it seems ridiculous to rank up now. Sure there are hundreds of active choppers with higher quality than I, who am an old rusty pileup never learned to brushing, hahaha.
Again, thanks for having me in mind.

Greetings!
qzozns.jpg
Emre_Fast

http://www.autemo.com/forums/?t=12353

Elite :-d

Hikmet Duran
http://www.autemo.com/profiles/?id=Hikmet%20Duran

Elite :-d

**STAFF EDIT**

Neither Promoted (by Klaus)
Post edited February 09, 2012 at 01:08:37 PM by Klaus
84082899.gif
http://mavradesign.deviantart.com/
1 person liked this.
Mavra Design wrote:

It's difficult to place choppers like this on the same scale as others who chop in a very different style. Clearly, their work is very artistic and impressive to the eye. To achieve Elite, however, I believe a chopper needs to show their versatility and flexibility within the art. Take a look at someone like hugosilva's gallery and you won't see the same stuff over and over again, but a wide range of chops from photorealistic renders, atmospheric/artistic pieces, and concept cars.

From what I see, the work by the two artists you've proposed looks very "one dimensional" (like they can only produce one style of chop). Considering Autemo is not only a forum, but offers a service to clients who wish their cars to be chopped, it's very valuable that artists (especially those at the higher end in the forums) are able to produce a range of work under the client's request. I personally don't think the two artists you proposed would be able to offer this, and as a result I don't think they should be presented as Elite - the artists who have first preference when client projects are being handed out.

This is only my opinion however. Anyone else think otherwise?
Post edited February 08, 2012 at 07:59:47 AM by Klaus
puszka321 wrote:
please video xD
MK211 wrote:
I really like the nos coming out of the rims
Just seen this 3d! Great idea guys!
Klaus, I agree with you completely.
Hello.
Let's have a try :) I want to know what you guys think about my skills :) Please check out my latest chops ;)

**STAFF EDIT**

Not Promoted (by Klaus)
Post edited February 09, 2012 at 01:08:03 PM by Klaus
bdogg_logo_2017_small_by_blackdoggdesign-db72tea.png11704114_973372359380778_869997148_n_by_blackdoggdesign-db7mxb7.gif
Facebook with TOP

Please login to post