PROMOTION REQUEST THREAD

9 people favorited this.
As staff, we get a lot of PM's by artists requesting us to approve them for promotion or not. We have to spend a lot of time going through each artists portfolios and looking at their chops. Naturally, we spend a lot of time saying no to people and occasionally though we do see the potential and promote the chopper.

We don't mind doing this at all. But it is important that you trust us in our decisions and know that we treat everybody just the same. If we say no, it's probably because we don't want to see you post in an upper level showroom, just to get ripped apart by other choppers because you aren't ready to be in that showroom yet.

I want everybody here to have a voice. I'm creating this thread because I also feel that there are a lot of artists that may be too afraid to step forth and ask. I don't want anyone here to feel like they are left out, or aren't being seen. But again, it is important you ACCEPT the decision. If we say you aren't ready - it's not a bad thing - just take it as added incentive to try harder and work harder at earning that promotion. Promotions are there to be earned. Not handed out freely. The reward is all the better that way, knowing that you've earned it.

Also, MOST IMPORTANTLY we want to give the rest of the community a say in the decision that goes around here too. This is an artist driven community so we want you, the other artists, to say 'yes' or 'no' here as well.

So this is your opportunity. Feel free to ask in here, lastly it must go something like this - "I believe I am ready to be promoted to _______". And next - YOU MUST POST YOUR 3 OF YOUR BEST CHOPS in your post when you make a request. This way we can see straight away if you are ready or not.

I hope this clears up a lot of things and helps a more fluid and open way of promoting around here.
Post edited February 06, 2012 at 02:03:46 PM by MK211
I think that Hugo should be promoted to Hiper-Elite XD
autemosigevensmallertha.jpg
All in favour of the motion? Can I get a show of hands please :P
It is good that you thought of this. :)
I think that any of the admins and a good chopper needs to decide who is for promote or not, because I have noticed, someone not deserved promotion ...:/
However,lets see what others think.
Btw my chops :D
audia4stancediniciald.jpg
volvoiniciald.jpg
stealthgtoiniciald.jpg

STAFF EDIT: Promoted to Intermediate
Post edited February 07, 2012 at 09:29:41 AM by MK211
decko.gif
well good idea , also a good way for people to hear how far off they are and all

well you made me curious now so ......let me "test" it / be the first xD
without really wanting too ask for a promotion (ususally just happens) , how far off am i or am i aligable ??

here are some of my latest works in random order , works i know i put in good effort and are good on hr's also bla bla :P

so i'm curious of what staff and maybe members think ... and dont worry i can take a :-q any day if its so :mrteeth:

skyline_by_rich.jpg

crx_true_jdm_by_rich.jpg

2cv_custom_by_rich.jpg

kia_comp_by_rich.jpg

STAFF EDIT: Lovely work, but a tad short of promotion. Keep trying!
Post edited February 07, 2012 at 09:30:07 AM by MK211
mijnlogo.jpg
I def think that rich should be elite :-d
autemosigevensmallertha.jpg
I believe I am ready to be promoted to pro. I've been working a damn long time for it

Stanced_A6_Wagon_by_Chopperkid44.jpg

Evo_Coupe_by_Chopperkid44.jpg

BMW_M3_by_Chopperkid44.jpg

STAFF EDIT: Promoted to PRO TUNER. Well deserved Matt.
Post edited February 07, 2012 at 09:30:55 AM by MK211
92% of the teenage population has moved on to rap. if you are part of the 8% that stayed with rock, put this in your profile
Kolesky and Chopperkid promoted!

Rich, I love your work, you know I do, I'm a big fan. I want to see you tackle something on a larger scale with more modifications to show us what you're truly capable of before promoting you. You change a lot of small things on a chop which people with a keen eye can appreciate, but I don't recall opening a chop of yours and being blown away. That's the response I want to be evoked when I open up an Elite choppers' chop.
Hello.
jackdarton wrote:
Kolesky and Chopperkid promoted!

Rich, I love your work, you know I do, I'm a big fan. I want to see you tackle something on a larger scale with more modifications to show us what you're truly capable of before promoting you. You change a lot of small things on a chop which people with a keen eye can appreciate, but I don't recall opening a chop of yours and being blown away. That's the response I want to be evoked when I open up an Elite choppers' chop.

i respect that and that means that i'm staying advanced because i wont go and put more on to impress or get promoted
to be hounest this is how i like to chop :P
its like i told some people a while ago if i would drasticly change style and try to go crazy then i probl. would got elite real fast (also what others said) but its also not that important , sure would be way cool and all and i would like it really (but not a must to get promoted)
and tbh i do more then little mods the darn thing is most stuff witch takes a lot of time doesnt show and i'm aware of that
i'm ususally working on really cleaning up everything and perfecting outlines and shades and all those things more then doing mods
also i do extensive bg work and work a lot on rims (custom bg's instead of just one new thing and custom rims)

weird thing is though that imo most elite chops , styling wise are really simple (not meaning by that that i dont respect your desicion :-d) they are just super simple stylingwise

but thats not to flame back about your comment i do understand and am totally cool with our opinion :P :-d :-d
Post edited February 06, 2012 at 03:29:22 PM by rich
mijnlogo.jpg
if chopperkid's work is pro, I think that mine is advanced?

I've been pro since the beginning, and I believe it was long way from this kind of a smudgy work to where I'm now
http://www.autemo.com/dc/users/1/XU0IO/264/chops/Mitsubishi_Lancer_Evo_XIII_by_Tomica.jpg

Ford_V8_Roadster_by_Tomica.jpg

Mitsu_Lancer_EVO_IX_by_Tomica.jpg

Volkswagen_T1_by_Tomica.jpg

STAFF EDIT: You got Advanced. - It was a close call between staying in Pro, as we couldn't decide whether to leave you in there at the upper level of the spectrum, or to group you on the borderline of Adv.. But then we also took your competition placings into account and with that I think you got what it takes to keep on improving your skills so we're giving it to you now. So keep it up.
Post edited February 07, 2012 at 09:47:50 AM by MK211
0JSI.jpg
PROUD TO BE CROAT!!!

Please login to post