Volumetric & VDB tests

Hi everyone i would like to share two little experiment ive been testing out. Volumetric renderings.

First i have the A90 again in a night scene. I wanted to create a moody scene with the smokes volumes and the tail light illuminating through the smoke. To be honest Redshift handles volumetrics like a charm, Its fast and extremely easy to understand.

ned-souris-a90-3.jpg

Secondly i have this Veloster. In this one i wanted a more natural scene and slightly realist feel. My idea was a night photo shoot in a parking lot hence why there's a softbox in the back. I worked all the lighting, volumes and materials from scratch and think it came out quite good.

ned-souris-veloster-1.jpg

So what do you guys think? Shall i keep exploring more into Redshift or go back to Octane?
14534860.jpg
I heard octane is better for realism but redshift is faster ;) but i would stick to octane as its more versatile I am also gonna start using octane soon for blender =D I just dont understand how it works yet hhaa good stuff man love the Veloster scene more
1 person liked this.
Its true, octane is extremely versatile but somehow it takes too long to work on some little things like materials and setting up scenes. The c4d version is quite a nightmare when working on lighting & HDRI's as for Redshift its easy as 123. What i don't miss though is working with volumes in Octane and the slow render times compared to Redshift. They both have their pros/cons and i'm learning day by day. In the end the results that comes from either stands out in their own way.
14534860.jpg

Please login to post