How to improve your chances of getting an Autemo.com project

Hi all

As Autemo.com is now starting to get some client projects (I just assigned one to Jack right now :) ), and we can expect more projects to come through as clients wallk (or drive) away extatic, happy and talk about Autemo to people they know, I thought I'd start a thread on how to improve your chances of getting an Autemo project assigned to you.

There are two ways you can get a project assigned to you.
  1. An autemo administrator thinks you're a perfect fit for the project
  2. The client have seen you somewhere else, had a chat with you elsewhere, or have been impressed by your portfolio, and have asked for you specifically. If you've already discussed the project offsite and you have agreed the price, make sure the client says so in the project description... Otherwise we will quote the project and assign to someone as per normal provess.

Requirement
There's only one strict requirement you need to meet in order to be considered for selection for a project. You have to be pro-tuner level or above. For those of you who are not yet there, keep working on those skills and you will be eligible.

What resources can I use?
Further down this thread in a response to some questions is a link to resources you can use to "talk" about autemo :).
http://www.autemo.com/forums/?t=1601&p=2#post19

How does this affect me, you think?
One awesome thing about Autemo projects is that the client pays the money to Autemo via our credit card processing facility even before work starts, so you don't have to stress about getting paid at the end. Once the client is happy with the work, we'll simply send you the money.

Whilst we for instance stick leaflets on awesome looking cars, pay for some advertising, contact car magazines and see if they wan to make a story about autemo and other things; you can also be proactive in getting your own projects on Autemo.

Take for instance the "Photoshop / Graphics Editing" thread on Boost Cruising:
http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?showforum=30

There are requests for modifications there daily that go un-answered because people don't voulenteer to do them. One possibility for instance could be to say "I can do this for you for $50" on autemo.com...

Another way would be to include a link/image in your email signature on car related websites that says something like I'm an Autemo pro-tuner, go here and post your car design project and request me to do it for you :).

Please comment freely on this thread on how you think you can attract projects :). Thus this will become a useful thread on how you can attract paid projects to yourself on Autemo, which will help everyone :).
Post edited March 31, 2010 at 09:42:29 PM by IronChop
autemoartist.png
get me Work YO =O

glac
Im allready doing two projects. But do I have an obligation to refer them to Autemo?
signaturesw.jpg
Nope, no obligation to refer them to Autemo. Although, don't blame us if you don't actually end up getting paid when you deliver the work (such things do happen in the real world sometimes ;)). I've lost out on USD 1,600 from work I've done myself that way!

Here we get the money from the client and keep it safe for both parties until the work is done. We do however take a piece out of the amount for facilitating that, to cover all the effort and cash we spend to to to get projects (although the first priority is to cover operating and marketing costs - not quite there yet :)).
Post edited December 04, 2009 at 10:21:11 PM by IronChop
autemoartist.png
From my experience, NEVER send high resolution until payment is received. 99% of the time, clients want to print these out for display. Send them a preview, say 800 pixels wide. Also, client work generally needs to be larger, in excess of 2000 pixels.
Visit us at Gurnade.com, on Instagram at Gurnade_Design, or at Facebook.com/Gurnade
or send 800px with your name all over the screen :P
True, those things may help - although if the client isn't actually looking for something to print out he/she might take the 800 * 600 image to the body shop and tell them this is how I want it to look when its done.

Oh, by the way the USD 1,600 of loss was back when the US dollar was worth a lot more in Australian dollar terms too...
autemoartist.png
The best way is to give a sample of the car; e.g screenshot of a section in the project. :-d
Those request want free work though.
better of advertising your service and availability for requests (which would go through autemo) for a small fee, on as many car sites as you can find.
84931232.png
sigy.png
just wondering...
is this project was only for a spesific level?! example, only for more than Intermediate artist levels (Advance, Elite & Pro Tuners)
*I'm asking for both ways, from the choice of the clients & from the autemo's administration quote/assign*

the reason I'm asking the question was this :
$1 = about 9,000 Indonesian rupiahs (Rp 9.000,-) xD
and now can you imagine how much $1,600 in rupiahs??
thats a lot of money... :D

if you read my profile, you can see that I'm working for a local bodyshop at my town...and from my experience doing on local projects in my country, I set my price (& get paid from the bodyshop) at Rp 150.000,- (around $16) per project and it's already expensive enough in here...
people keep bargain and bargain when I set my price higher than that xD
that's sucks eh, living in a poor country but has a lot of potential spots on it :-q but I still love my country tho :P

that's why I really wish I can get projects from autemo xD :P
Post edited March 30, 2010 at 08:36:00 PM by DanizCustomz
bosorollasig.jpg
My DeviantART

Please login to post