splitter and canards brushing (studio light)

i saw that someone searched for a tut on how to brush splitters so i though i´d make a quick one how to brush them in a studio condition :)

step 1

as always you need the design first, i have made this one myself from the line sketch so no donors, you could always use a donor if you are not able to design it yourself

tut1j.jpg

step 2

then lay out the basic black paint by using pen tool and the brush, kinda logical eh?

tut2ys.jpg

step 3

then put some white areas on all the parts who are facing up on a new layer and lower the opacity to about 5 %

tut3t.jpg

step 4

the next step is to put some highlights on it by doing small sharp white lines around the outlines

tut4m.jpg

step 5

this step is a very important step actually since the realism and shine is depending on this one.

so you put some highlights where they are needed, like on the far side of the splitter where the white from the bg is reflected and on the upper parts of the canards where the grey paint is reflected and then you take the eraser with the opacity setting of 20% and delete som of it where it´s... well how should i say it? far down? so it gets some depth

tut5w.jpg

step 6 ( the last step)

this is only a cool touch where i add rivets to the stuff, since this aint a super highres pic im working on i have only made some small grey dots where the rivets are

tut7h.jpg

so thats it! but remember, this is just the basics of brushing black details, there should be more stuff like the bodyreflection on the splitter :) hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that it helps! :D
Welcome to Wigs-Lace. Offering wigs, hair extensions, falls :awesome:

hotnigbum.jpg

ToMiii @Facebook
good simple tut :)

same wip as icandi, you's 2 having a battle or something ?
edit: oh the pro or below comp, i forgot :P
This is really helpful, btw is that Aston gonna be your entry?
:awesome:
dA
awesome tutorial mate !
sigsu.jpg

>> My DeviantART <<
Zero wrote:
good simple tut :)

same wip as icandi, you's 2 having a battle or something ?
You mean the looks or base? if you mean the base, i think both of them is participating on the Aston Martin competition.
:awesome:
dA
thanks guys, the thing is that it is a team chop, wich im did them design and black parts :)
Welcome to Wigs-Lace. Offering wigs, hair extensions, falls :awesome:

hotnigbum.jpg

ToMiii @Facebook
And I'm brushing the bodehwoork! :)
Great tut ToMii! :)
signaturesw.jpg
good :-d

Please login to post