::jackdarton:: How to spot mistakes

OK, the tutorials are taking longer than expected, so instead of waiting until they're all finished, i'll post the one's I have completed here so you can all take a look at them!

howtospotmistakes.jpg
Hello.
I recommend reading this one to everyone who will ever or have ever tried any form of art :)
I learned a lot of this in school a long time, and I have learned a lot of it through my years of drawing and chopping, and I still sometimes fail to see really obvious stuff in my own work until it's posted :P Getting quite good at pointing out other people's mistakes though :P
Some men just want to watch the world doing burnouts... :P
bannerda.jpg bannerfb.jpg
The horizontal flipping is a must I think.. I've been doing it for quite a quite since once I did a chop and when I flipped to make a second version it looked like shit. xD

Also I really think when working most of the chops, reference work is really really important if you want to achieve good realistic results.

Looking back is quite same as multi tasking I guess? :P

I think whats most important is the reference work on many other photographs. not only a model you want to achieve but things like door lines what you notice when walking down the road lol. or general reflection types and shadows.. among others. :)

Thanks Jack this WILL be useful. I have to share your new set of tuts to my friend. :-d
this is the awnser indeed
i usually do this >

when i stop chopping and go to bed the next day i open the chop pic full screen and look at it for a few minutes

usually right away i spot some things that i missed when (like jack calls it) on autopilot

also final check is in the hr size open it full size and scoll over all parts / lines and then i can see if there are any small lines or things or jaggies or anything i missed :-d
mijnlogo.jpg

Please login to post