Ideas for competitions (Drop your ideas)

So, I kinda had an idea for our monthly competition. Why are we not having one competition in 3 categories?

Like: 3 base pictures, and 3 winners:

One Novice winner. Base e.g.: Nissan 240SX.
One Pro winner. Base e.g.: Tesla Model X
One Elite winner. Base e.g.: '65 Cadillac.

So for every base, you have to be either novice, or pro, or elite.

Just an idea. :)
Post edited June 11, 2020 at 11:41:06 PM by JVDesign
1 person liked this.
More work probably.

Edit: Although we have an increased amount of entries it's not very consistent, some months we have 10+ entries and suddently we have 3.

I'm a full time student with a two year daughter and a very pregnant girlfriend so I don't really have any time for extra activities. It's the reason why I handle new comp, start vote and tally votes for previous comp on the same day now instead of announcing the winner after a week or two.

Thanks for making this thread though, I would love to hear some thoughts and suggestions on out monthly competitions, things you'd like to see, things that can be improved and so on. Want to request bases, themes or have any ideas please I'd love to hear them. :)
Post edited June 11, 2020 at 11:26:34 PM by Daniel Talhaug
0pNWB8N.jpg
Previously known as X-Raited Creations
Daniel Talhaug wrote:
More work probably.

Edit: Although we have an increased amount of entries it's not very consistent, some months we have 10+ entries and suddently we have 3.

I'm a full time student with a two year daughter and a very pregnant girlfriend so I don't really have any time for extra activities. It's the reason why I handle new comp, start vote and tally votes for previous comp on the same day now instead of announcing the winner after a week or two.

Thanks for making this thread though, I would love to hear some thoughts and suggestions on out monthly competitions, things you'd like to see, things that can be improved and so on. Want to request bases, themes or have any ideas please I'd love to hear them. :)

Fair enough! I might have an idea for a theme: Like cars with cartoon figures or movie characters. Like a Plymouth Road Runner with the Road Runner bird cartoon theme, Or the Mini Cooper with Mr. Bean theme, or Fast & Furious theme cars, or Need For Speed theme cars. :)
Daniel Talhaug wrote:
Although we have an increased amount of entries it's not very consistent, some months we have 10+ entries and suddently we have 3.

Mostly because of this I think it is hard to really do 3 seperate categories, and the corona pandemic proved it, suddenly we all had more time cuz we weren't allowed to go outdoors, so we had more time to chop, but that effect didn't really last long. I would have never pushed out that RX-7, Evo X or Skoda Fabia if it wasn't for corona. I do hope it brings back more activity to the forum tho when it all gets published on Instagram.
So yeah, I get where your idea comes from, and it's not a bad idea either, we just need more consistent activity first.
gmm_skully.jpg

Please login to post