4p - Tunerstylz
3p - Goodie
2p - pluum
1p - sZr

Elite:
3p - Hugo
2p - RC
1p - Roobi
Im so sorry for the long wait with the voting, its been a very busy week for me.

But finally, here are the results of the Hot rod comp!

xC84sh.jpg

Below, is my critique/ comments for all the entries

NOVICE:

-Veer STi
Love the crazy racer idea of the Car, just a few things which needs improvement such as the back and far side windows is showing old background(?) Shadow under the car doesn't look correct, front splitter looks a bit flat/ 2D.

-TheChallenger
Seriously good work on the rust, one of my favorite entry in novice. Only improvement is the tip of the exhaust looks too smooth and 2D, you should use the Clone tool to sample the texture across And the black tape is also too smooth, add some noise (Filter> Noise > add noise @1-3%)

-BernalAutoStyle
Great looking car, but to me, I think that's more Low rider style then a Hot rod, but still a really good looking chop, the reflections on the floor is wrong. (The side of the car should be symmetrical, the rear tyres are badly cut, and the area behind the front wheel/ arch needs filling. Great styling though!

-Skille Design (This was Bart's vote for 1st place)
Great looking chop, really cool mods on this which I love and fits the hot rod theme. But the image quality of the wheels are a bit low, the wheels aren't sharp and the Colour filter in the image is way too strong!

-SB designs
The ideas for the hot rod area great! Just the lighting and shadow needs improving. The rear end of the car is very faded/ bright due to the lens flare, but the shadow under the car is very dark.
The direction of the shadow is also wrong. Great ideas, just need to improve on the execution!

-ahmed2000 (My 2nd place vote)
Great looking beetle, so cool!
I honestly dont have much or if anything to add.. maybe apart from adding a colour filter or adding a bit more contrast to the image to give it a bit of mood as the image looks a bit flat. Seriously good entry!

-shark
One of my favorite entries of Novice, very cool to see a Veyron ratted out!
Only thing is the image needed more mood, like a dark colour or brown colour filter, The Bugatti badge is flipped and Why are there rust on the window? It should be dirt or cracks! :P
Small mistakes that needed fixing, this could of been a winner!

-ddd racing
Now THIS is a hot rod, Crazy ideas is what I wanted, this is awesome mate, so angry looking!
Few improvements: The reflection of the floor is very wrong (It should be a mirror and reflecting the whole tyre) Shadow on the good year text is too strong, Engine is a bit too bright, Bottom of the tires should be darker to blend in with the shadows. (if the reflection on the floor was done correctly this would of been 1st place for me)

-02turbo
Brutal looking hot rod! One of the best looking entry of novice. Only thing is that, another Admin pointed out to me that it resembles the base a bit too much and wanted to see more done (which is why this was my 3rd place vote)

PRO:

All these chops are so unique and amazingly done, voting is super difficult >_<

-noise024
In your face, brutal looking hot rod, I love how you used a modern Opel to turn into THAT! Love the atmosphere and the presentation. (Only flaw is that someone mentioned perspective issues on the front and the front grille needed more attention)
I would of loved to see a Wip/ donor to see how it progressed, but amazing chop! (Strong contender for 1st place)

-dashmode
Crazy ideas as usual, detail overload! Great entry!
Some areas like the roll cage and exhaust is looking a bit lacking in contrast, front wheels need rotating clockwise + more contrast.

-Goodie
Very cool looking render, Love the idea of a modern slick Bugatti Hot rod, as you mentioned it was not fully complete which is a shame. Paint work and brushing is tops!

-sZr
Love this entry, I was not expecting to see a Shelby cobra. Very tough looking, just the top of the engine needs a bit of highlight to match the sunlight on the left, its looking a bit dark/ dull at the moment.
But this is a top entry for pro. (Great work, one of my favorite)

-pluum
I can see why this is a top favorite, looks fantastic, love the surrounding/ theme and the red accents, very clean work!! (Its missing door handle and rear mirrors!)

-PSA
I always enjoy seeing your entries, the amount of work put in is phenomenal and so creative! All the brushing looks fantastic. Only thing is, to me this looks more like a old school racer then a hot rod, so it s bit off the mark for the theme. but 10/10 effort!

-Tunerstylz
My personal favorite. I love the lighting/ background and the style of this hot rod. Love the visual overload with so many tiny details everywhere, seriously love this. Though the roof and the far side of the back of the car needs a bit of a glow to make it look more 3D and the flames look like a low quality donor, you should of re brushed or blur it a bit.

-Iena
I love this thing, futuristic and super sharp lines is bloody awesome! Minor issues such as the far side tyre is too bright and the under car shadow is too round for the sharp nose its got.
But I love your design!

ELITE:

-roobi
Its great to see an entry from the lengend himself, beautiful render and love the concept idea. Would of loved to see even more details on it!

-rc workchop
I have no idea what category this car even is because its so over the top damn cool! I want to make this first place, but similar to PSA, I think it looks more like a classic racer rather then a hot rod so I have to question if this is a hot rod or not which is the dilemma I had all week.

-Hugosilva
Bart was arguing the fact if this is a hot rod or not, I personally thought this was more of a buggy then a hot rod. Its in a grey area. But the scenery and the brush work is fantastic. so this stood out just by a tiny bit out of the 3 Elite entries.

ADMIN CHOICE:
Congratulations to everyone for their fantastic entries, but these are the $AUD 50 Winners as chosen by myself

-Novice: TheChallenger (All the Novice chops were spectacular, I chose this because I love whats been done to the car, love the scenery and its definitely a hot rod (In my eyes)

-Pro: TunerStylz (Super tough choice, Pluum's entry was flawless but looks just a little bit too simple, noise024 had an amazing presence and massive wow factor but had a few minor issues spotted) I chose and love Tuner's chop due to all the details brushed in the chop, love the brushing and the image as a whole. Fantastic work

-Elite: Hugosilva: It was a tough choice, I had the dilemma of wondering if you and Rc's chops are considered Hot rods. It's on the right track but lacks the usual wide archs/ big wheels/ roof chop that you'd expect to see. Out of the 3 I still chose yours because of the stunning effects

I really want to thank you all for participating/ voting. think you all for putting in time and effort into this.
I hope to run another similar comp soon and I'll PM the 3 admin pick winners when I have time (Or PM me with your Paypal Email)

Cheers,
J
ffkZ5K.jpg
Come join us on Facebook and Tumblr
Congratulations to everyone

new_banner_by_naifodeh-d95hi96.jpg

Please login to post