::jackdarton:: video tut (mini tut)

1 person favorited this.
hey guys. seeing as youtube now only allows you 10 mins of airtime, i had to squeeze in as much as possible onto here. It's nothing special but it gives you an idea of how i work and how much knowing the PS shortcuts can help you. Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PADBHFvlIQ4
Hello.
Pretty cool watching someone else chop. This is just basics, but still there are things that differ from your style and my own, whilst others are exactly the same, which is fun to watch cause you feel like, yup that's me doing stuff... no wait it isn't at all! Hehe.

One thing I noticed, which I have stopped using quite recently, is that you use the pen-tool and cut away parts of the new tyre. I now days instead use a layermask. This gives you a lot more agility later if you decide that you need to change the tyre/rim further cause you still have the material underneath the mask. Once you have cut it away it's gone sort of! :) Maybe cut here just for this? But I do encourage use of layermasks instead :)

That shadowdrawing tool (is it the dodge and burn tool?) looks nice. I havn't explored it at all, but seeing this I realise I have been missing something. Usually brush those types of shadows and similar instead, which has it's drawback. But with added layereffects you usually get the same end result, but with some more work.

Other then putting the back rim on out of perspective I really enjoyed this :) Nice work, and I know it was a quicky so you would have fixed it later. Just an observation sort of :)

Since you are taking requests, a bg change with some new refs would be nice to see how you. Perhaps if you did like the cooking shows with like: "This will take 52 hours, but fortunantly I have already prepared a little here!" could possibly work? :)

Nice video, and good initiative! Great stuff for beginners and even some intermediates.
Cheers! *big applaude*
post-572-1270930804.png
post-572-1294695461.png
hehe cheers man. It was difficult as i spent nearly 2 hours recording a vid earlier last night, then went to upload it. 1.8GB file, uploaded in the space of nearly 5 hours and then said sorry its been rejected cause the vid is longer than 10 mins. i was like noooooo. So i had to chop really quickly then to fit stuff in, hence the quality loss. Yeah i realise my chopping style is a lot different to everyone elses :P it's just how i've grown accustomed to work. Thanks for the insightful comment as usual :)
Hello.
good tut, should do more
if there is another one maybe record you talking (phone?) just to give out more helpful hints
awesome tut m8

thnx
merccopy.png
www.shadow-designer.webs.com , www.shadowchoper.deviantart.com
hey man ! what's name of the plugin for reduce the pencil whit the wheel of the mouse? i dont remember.... :(

sorry for my english <_<
shps2k.png
its not a plugin buddy, just press [ to reduce the size, ] to increase the size, shift+[ to reduce hardness and shift+] to increase hardness
Hello.
Awesome Jack! Looking forward to some more :)
hei guy.. awsome tutorial..
but imo next time maybe use base and donor car that got more similar perspective, that could make things easier to understand to newbies.. ;)
btw, nice work.. :)
http://italiankartoffel.wordpress.com/

Please login to post