WTB 2012 - Semi Final

2 people favorited this.
WTB 2012 - Semi Final

wtb-main-logo.png

It's hard to believe we're already the penultimate round! Congratulations to all the teams who have made it this far!

Here are the SEMI FINALISTS!

Team Australia
Team France 1
Team Germany 1
Team Hungary 10
Team Italy 3
Team Lithuania 3
Team Poland 3
Team Poland 4
Team Portugal 1
Team Serbia
Team Spain 1

YOUR TASK

BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe (2013)

This 6-series is the newest engineering masterpiece to step out of Germany, so be gentle!

This round we're looking for you guys to do what you do best - virtual tuning - so our guidelines are a little looser this time around. We want you to create whatever you like with this beautifully crafted canvas; be it a potential tuning package or a slammed Euro beast, just make sure you do it well! Our only real requirement is that the final product should be distinctly a 6-series, modified realistically. Judges will also be looking out for entries that show originality and free thinking. However, we don't want any concept vehicles like last round.

This round is again voted solely by judges, so it'd be wise to keep the above criteria in mind to have any chance of making it through to the final!

You have two base images to work your magic on - we highly suggest you tackle both!

Front%20Preview.png

Rear%20Preview.png

DEADLINE

This is a knockout based tournament, the TOP 4 teams advance to the final. You have until:

Sunday 1st of July, 2012, 10am UTC+10 (12am UTC)

Judging will begin shortly after this.

Please refer to the official rules of the competition, and if you have any other queries please ask in this thread or PM an admin.

Post your entries, 800px wide in this thread. AND supply a link to the FULL high-res version, too.

Your entry MUST also include at least 5 work in progress (WIP) images of your entry at various stages of its completion. These images must not be misleading (i.e. make it look as though you've done more work than you have).

We also request that with your submission you post any major references used. If, for example, you have used a donor extensively for perspective or copy and paste purposes please post this donor along with your chop. Members who do not do this are considered as misleading the public.

Members who violate either of these new rules may be considered as "cheating" and will be disqualified pending the staff's final decision.
Post edited June 03, 2012 at 01:08:50 AM by J_HUI
puszka321 wrote:
please video xD
MK211 wrote:
I really like the nos coming out of the rims
Our chops should look likie they are real (like real photo) or our modifications should look like they can by made in real life( no changing shape of the car, no extreeme vents ect.) just changing mainly bumpers and side skirts?
TP3.png
can we choose between the 2 views or we must consider this 2 pics ?
logo.jpg
fliOx wrote:
Our chops should look likie they are real (like real photo) or our modifications should look like they can by made in real life( no changing shape of the car, no extreeme vents ect.) just changing mainly bumpers and side skirts?

The latter - we want to see you guys make something that could be done in real life. We definitely don't want to see the car changed in shape too much with extreme vents (unless you are going for a track racer look for example).

Whether you make your chop look realistic, or surrealistic (with a sweet, but unrealistic atmosphere) doesn't really matter. If you can do both (combine realism with an awesome atmosphere) that would be the best thing to do! :-d

PawelZ wrote:
can we choose between the 2 views or we must consider this 2 pics ?

We want you to do both views. You won't get disqualified if you don't do both, but we expect all teams to chop both. It is extremely unlikely that you will make it to the next round if you only do one view.
puszka321 wrote:
please video xD
MK211 wrote:
I really like the nos coming out of the rims
epic :) good luck for all
oh! nice task this time

quite short the period of time, but long enough :-d
1 person liked this.
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH i saw one live yesterday and was thinking about this car since then, and now i have to chop it :) ,
i love it
1 person liked this.
uh-oh..
this will be challenge , but gl to all :-d
sigif.png
MY DA
1 person liked this.
protip in advance: please stop fucking cutting the rear door up and inserting a uselessly big hole in there (to ventilate the trunk?)

please

Please login to post