Gurnade Voting Results

Let me begin this thread by saying, "WOW!" We definitely have quite a talented crew here at Autemo.com. I, and the rest of my team, was greatly impressed with all entries. In a perfect world, we would give money out to more than just one winner. However, money just doesn't fall from the skies. As described in the competition, there has to be a winner--so we began the difficult decision making process. We started by taking the 24 entries, and finding the best 6 entries. The best 6 entries are as follows, in NO order:

1. HugoSilva (Entry 1)
2. GTStudio (Entry 2)
3. Cop (Entry 3)
4. Roobi (Entry 4)
5. Glacius (Entry 5)
6. SN (Entry 6)

We then ranked each of the chops based on "who executed our vision the best, who made the most changes, the overall best looking bodykit design (including realism), originality, and ability to follow directions." After being ranked and critiqued, each chop was given points. 6 points for their favorite and 1 point for least favorite. Neil Tjin, Gene Tjin, Ryan Confer, and I voted. Here are some of the comments--these come directly from those in the industry--they are meant to help not hurt. EVERYONE was blown away by the chops, but when forced to vote here is what they said.

Response #1

Entry 1:
Pros -
- The reflection on the side of the car was executed really well.
- The wheels/stance look great.
Cons -
- The intercooler looks to be sitting crooked on the lower section.
- The reflection on the floor looks a little too fake for me for the surface it's on.
- The center caps are upside down.

Entry 2:
Pros -
- The color, reflections, etc look really good.
Cons -
- It looks like the cage doesn't extend to the rear of the car.
- I'm not too sure about this background for this particular car/scheme.
- The lines on the skirts are a little too round for me considering the rest of the car has harder edges/ lines.

Entry 3:
Pros -
- Something about this one really does it for me; it doesn't look too "cartoony" to me like some of the others.
- I like the subtle vent in the rear window.
- I like how the body kit flows with the car and how it's not super aggressive, and is something that could actually be produced.
Cons -
- The rear cage section looks weird to me.

Entry 4:
Pros -
- The reflections in the body are really well executed.
- The overall finish on the car looks awesome but honestly it's a little too "cartoony" for me.
Cons -
- Doesn't look real... at all.
- Body kit is nothing that anyone would produce/buy.

Entry 5:
Pros -
- I like the backdrop environment for the image, just not sure if it makes sense here.
- The color/reflections look good.
Cons -
- The wheels seem to be overly contrasted to where you can't really make out what they are.
- The roll cage tubing diameter is too small.

Entry 6:
Pros -
- I really like the light reflection on the side of the car and the others too.
- The color looks good.
Cons -
- It's missing the intercooler that you guys asked for.

Response #2

Entry #1 | Pros: Brushing and reflections are extremely good. The interior is very good as well. Background reflections are executed well.
Entry #1 | Cons: The IC perspective looks wrong and the IC piping doesn't make sense to me. Something about the front bumper (near the driver-side vent) looks to have a weird depth perspective issue as well.

Entry #2 | Pros: I like the high quality that shines through in the lights, mesh grille areas. Not a fan of the camo seats, but the attention to detail is very nice. Interior looks great, but as mentioned it looks as if the cage doesn't go through to the rear.
Entry #2 | Cons: The chop doesn't fit the background perfectly, as it still exhibits studio lighting/reflections in areas. Whereas in Entry #1, the brushing was evident by the soft colors to correspond with the new atmosphere it is simply non-existent here. The rims are excellent quality, but may be over saturated. IC looks slightly out of perspective (just slightly - not nearly as bad as #1). IMO, the light reflections on passenger-side of the hood are too strong and make this part of the chop look unfinished.

Entry #3 | Pros: I'm absolutely in love with this color. Everything about this chop is pretty much perfect, brushing is top-notch.
Entry #3 | Cons: In order for me to say anything bad here I have to be uber crucial. First, there are a few lines that have slightly hard edges (e.g. lines around CF front bumper airdam insert). Second, the mesh in the front airdam might be a bit light and doesn't have an intercooler. Third, the reflections/lighting on the hood and windows are what I would expect for this atmosphere. Not a bad thing. I've just come to expect this look from the tuner community. It is, however, executed at the highest level.

Entry #4 | Pros: Roobi is a master with a brush. Love the high-gloss paint and reflections. This is high-quality work.
Entry #4 | Cons: While I feel that this is more subtle in design than typical of Roobi, it still has a wild flare. That's what I like about Roobi. He has a distinctive look. With that said though, the chop is fairly toony and lacking realism. This is always a bit of a challenge with the design is more wild. The interior is also too light. Even though I have more cons that pros with this chop, I still have a ton of respect for Roobi and think he is an excellent chopper.

Entry #5 | Pros: It looks like Glacius spent a ton of time on this chop. Perhaps too much. He's got two light sources in this chop and while he pulls off the lighting and reflections like a pro, i think the overall atmosphere with all the light detracts from the chop. If you can get by all the light, the brushing and subtle design is superb.
Entry #5 | Cons: Too much light. Interior is a bit toony (perhaps the seats are oversaturated or too light). Interior rollbars look too thin.

Entry #6 | Pros: Brushing is excellent. Design is excellent. Love the gloss. Reflections on the car are subtle; love it. I love the subtle IC hiding behind the thick OEM looking mesh. Interior looks phenomenal, including seats and cage. Lights are excellent. Everything about this is hot.
Entry #6 | Cons: This is a pretty much flawless chop. I feel the need to be crucial just to give some 'con' feedback. The only thing that sticks out to me is the line running along the top of the side skirt that provides depth looks a bit toony. A bit more reflection from the ground may soften the toon-look in that area.

Response 3:

Entry 1. This one looks really good overall. I would have made the headlights a bit lighter, they are to dark. The stance is sick. Not a huge fan of the reflection in the rear. Love the intercooler piping, that looks really cool.

Entry 2. Love love love the seats and head lights. This one is not as good as the first one, but isn't terrible. Love the forgestar font on the side. Cage could be more detailed. Would like to see the intercooler more and piping for sure.

Entry 3. This one does look realistic,but not really a fan of it overall. Would have made the car a bit lower and added a green strip to the wheels. Seats look a bit small inside the car. This also needs a wing in the rear to make the car extend. Dont like the stripes on the hood, they do flow with the car, but they look weird.

Entry 4. This is my fav by far. I know that it doesn't look 100% realistic, but it looks the coolest to me. It has that wow factor. Love the seats and details done to the seats. Love the roll cage with the x bars. Would like to see the rear wheel stick out a bit more, but not bad. I like how the color pops on this one, it really stands out. I would get rid of the star / gurnade on the car, that doesn't flow with the cleanliness of the car. I like all the details in ths one, would like to have seen intercooler pipping.

Entry 5. Honestly my least favorite. Like 3 it looks realistic, but doesn't do anything for me. I like that he stepped out the box with the blue colors, but something just doesn't do it for me. What I do like is his details. The massive calipers, the spray bar on the intercooler, the HIDS, and the tow hook. I dont like the skinny roll cage, the mesh he used, and the seats don't look real to me. And I would have lowered the car more. Cool idea with the lights, like it is a studio shot.

Entry 6. This one is okay to me, Some nice stuff, but I think the color and whole image feels a bit dark to me. No intercooler really hurts, and lack of details also hurt.

Response 4:

Entry 1. I LOVE the wheels and stance. By far, the best wheel set up and showcases the bad-ass wheels best. Kit is also pretty nice, and fits the overall look of the car quite nicely. The seats however are entirely too high, intercooler is crooked, headlights are too dark, and its missing the seatbelts. Its definitely artsy, and it showcases the car and modifications nicely, but is missing something...

Entry 2. Another quite nice entry, but still missing the wow factor. Background is quite boring, but allows focus to be on the vehicle--which is nice for clients. The interior is pretty cool, I think the camo seats are a nice touch. The kit is really quite nice, one of my favorites. However, the wheels really bring this chop down--they could be greatly improved. Otherwise, this is just so-so.

Entry 3. The kit is gorgeous--very realistic, fitting, and quite possible to create in reality. Wheels look killer, but need a thicker pin stripe. The graphite graphics are too safe, not all that creative; but still work okay. Seats look a bit strange--almost wonky but the leather looks nice. A really great entry, but still not quite there.

Entry 4. This rendering feels a bit rushed, and I can't help to ignore the lower quality parts--such as the reflections and backgrounds. The wheels could be greatly improved, it doesn't showcase the wheel choice very well due to the angle used. However, the candy color is by far the best. Far from realistic however, which I believe clients are looking for most. Kit is okay, not a huge fan of the sideskirt; but its not horrible. I really dislike the black vinyls, makes it feel very tuner-ish. Seats and interior looks out of place, but I can't place my finger on why...

Entry 5. Definitely the best background and car fits the environment quite nicely. Contrary to you guys, I quite enjoy the kit--very Scion like. However, I recognize this is something GM may not be fan of. They wheels are nice, same with the massive brakes--but they are almost too dark. We can't really see the style all that well since they are black. I enjoy the blue/graphite combo, and the blue seats are an interesting, but risky choice. Roll cage tubes seem to be the biggest problem here.

Entry 6. This rendering isn't quite there, but is the closest. Granted, the intercooler is missing and things can be improved--but I believe these are all relatively easy fixes. The graphics are fitting, and the wheels and body parts are showcased nicely. Most importantly, they are the focal point of the image and are not overpowered by a crazy background. The kit is so-so, (especially the skirt), but I recognize the amount of work it takes to get that candy paint job with those great reflections. For that reason, I believe this is one of the best.

So, please remember we believe all of these six entries are awesome. The entire team loved the variety and Autemo's talent. With that in mind, here is the breakdown of points:

Entry 1: 5, 5, 2, 3=15 (HugoSilva)
Entry 2: 1, 4, 1, 2=8 (GTStudio)
Entry 3: 4, 3, 5, 6=18 (Cop)
Entry 4: 2, 6, 3, 4=15 (Roobi)
Entry 5: 3, 1, 4, 1= 9 (Glacius)
Entry 6: 6, 2, 6, 5=19 (SN)

As you can see, it was very close--with only a point difference between 1st and 2nd. Lets give it up for Sven Nardten (SN) for winner of the Gurnade Competition. We'd like to thank ALL participants. Please remember, we are still on the lookout for 2 members for hire. This competition was designed to make that decision easier. We'll contact those two members shortly. This was an really great opportunity to see the talent here at Autemo, and I'm sure we'll host another competition before too long!
Post edited March 10, 2010 at 03:58:22 PM by Cloud
Visit us at Gurnade.com, on Instagram at Gurnade_Design, or at Facebook.com/Gurnade
wow, huge feedback from your guys which is awesome for the competitors :D Congrats to Sven, and thanks again to Gurnade for the competition!
Hello.
Cool contest and sweet entries made this comp a super learning experience for me, one that I'm sure will help my renders in the future. Thanks to the Gurnade Team and Neil Tjin and his Team for making this comp possible. Last but not least, my congratulations to SN for the Win! Nice Job Man :-d
Sig.png
Firstly congratz to all who entered! And I gotta say a big congratulations goes out to Sven for producing the killer winning chop. There were honostly awesome entries from all who participated. Never before have I seen such high level of talent and insane entries in the one comp. A round of applause goes out to Gurnade for putting on such a great battle!
Congratulations to the winners, well done HugoSilva that was some amazing work man :mrteeth:
And big thanks to Gurnade for putting up such a cool comp, it was challenging but a lot of fun
Thanks man... :-d
Congratulations for winning friends. From each other, there were great really great tool. A person will always win in this competition, as the -sn congratulations. :-d
84082899.gif
http://mavradesign.deviantart.com/
Congratulations SN, all chops r great !!!
amazing feedback good stuff and congrats to SN as a winner it didt really suprise me it was the best of the lot .

good work to everyone and congrats again to SN

glac
congrats to sven, and they're right, this comp produced some awsome chops!
but where is cop's chop? didn't see that one :S

waiting for the next gurnade comp :)
antonsig.png
First,congratulation to Sven,second awesome staff and awesome level and last we waiting for next Gurnade Comp!! =O xD
a3z0h3.png
userbarx.jpg
PHOTOCHOPEROS TDF
MY DEVIANTART

Please login to post